Engage, Involve and Impact
- We engage and involve students from over 15 panchayat schools in the Nilgiris to create and enhance awareness towards key ecological and environmental issues
- Support several eco initiatives in the Nilgiris.
- Foster environmental stewardship at the village level through our “My Village, My Pride” initiative
- Reach out to remote tribal villages providing the basic necessities like clean drinking water, shelter, etc
My Village, My Pride – an initiative by One Earth Foundation, aims to create and sustain a strong environmental stewardship ethic among young minds at the grassroot levels in the ecologically sensitive region of the Nilgiris (South India). By working with children (Green Champions) and focusing our efforts and initiatives in their villages, we endeavour to sow the seeds of change within each home and bring about a generational change in thinking towards the conservation of natural environment and responsible use of its limited resources. We believe, that it no longer suffices to merely spread awareness – it is imperative that we establish a whole new ethic of stewardship in the minds and hearts of the next generation – the future custodians of our fragile planet.
At the village level and working hand in glove with the Panchayat schools, we seek to engage and involve children (Green Champions) in exploring, identifying and coming up with pratical and environmentally friendly solutions to varied eco-challenges in their immediate neighbourhood. My Village, My Pride aims to enlighten, motivate and empower village children to be eco-crusaders and work towards making their very own village more environment-friendly. This will be achieved by:
- Setting up an Environment Resource & Activity Center within the village.
- Engaging Village children to identify core environmental threats and challenges in their neighbourhoods. Formulating and executing practical and effective projects to address these challenges.
- Door to door campaigns creating awareness of the core challenges leading to community engagement, planning & action.
- To promote Organic Kitchen Gardens (OKG’s) & herbal gardens at the home and composting units at village level.
- Exposing children to other similar “green” initiatives within the Nilgiris.
- Expanding the above home/village level initiatives to other neighbouring villages and forming enviro-friendly clusters.
For further information on our initiatives under the Enviro Reach program, please contact